42-24 is the premium provider of purpose-built, concurrently maintainable data centre space in Tasmania, providing excellent reliability, extensive security features and unmatched uptime from Tasmanian Government–approved facilities.
Data Centre – Overview
42-24’s Co-location Services give you full rack allocation at nominated 42-24 data centres in Derwent Park and Cambridge.
All 42-24 data centres include site security, access card entry, carrier-grade air conditioning, lockable rack cabinets, uninterruptible power supply (UPS), diesel back-up generators and environmental monitoring.
- Racks can accommodate a range of power requirements between 3kW and 21kW
- 650kVA diesel generators provide backup power to the entire site in the event of a mains failure
- Optimally efficient cooling design (hot aisle containment) available
- Site entry and access to each section of the facility controlled by proximity access cards and individual security codes issued only to inducted and authorised personnel
- Monitored 24/7 security alarm
- Internal and external CCTV monitoring on site, with full coverage of customer areas
- Swipe card rack access available
- All 42-24 data centres are carrier-neutral, and access to multiple service telecommunications providers is supported
- Geographically diverse fibre connections are available via the 42-24 telecommunications network
Data Centre – Technical
- Main electrical supply to the Derwent Park site comes via a dedicated 1500MVA transformer connected to the local grid in a ring-main configuration. This allows supply from two separate zone substations, with primary supply from a single substation – switchable to an alternate substation in the event of a prolonged substation outage, giving you a faster return to N + N resilience from the main switchboard to rack power distribution units.
- 2N electrical infrastructure downstream of Main Switchboard provides true concurrent maintainability of electrical infrastructure right through to customer racks.
- Dedicated generator mains board at the Derwent Park site provides the ability to isolate the main distribution board in the event of a mains distribution board fault.
- 650kVA diesel generators provide back up power to the entire site in the event of a mains failure.
- Racks can be configured to accommodate a range of power requirements between 3kW and 21kW (monthly rack rental includes 3kW per month).
- Power usage reporting for individual racks and managed PDUs available on request.
Cooling and environmental systems
- Systems utilised include:
- Closed loop cooling (eliminating the need for constant water supply)
- Hot aisle containment (recognised as the most efficient cooling design)
- Emerson & Schneider in-row coolers, with chilled water distribution in a ring main configuration
- Free air cooling via Dry Cooler, leveraging Tasmania’s cooler climate for a reduced carbon footprint and reduce Power Utilisation Efficiency (PUE)
- Cooling system architecture: N+1
- Environmental reporting available for individual racks on request
- Documented Data Centre Policy and Access Protocols apply to all parties accessing the facility.
- Mandatory site induction required for all attendees.
- Adherence to Data Centre Policy and Access Protocols is compulsory to all authorised personnel.
- Entry to the site and access to each section of the facility is controlled by proximity access cards and individual security codes, issued only to inducted and authorised personnel.
- Monitored security alarm in operation24/7.
- CCTV monitoring is deployed internally and externally, with full coverage of customer areas.
- Swipe card rack access available (POA).
Fire detection and suppression systems
- Fire detection via multi-zone VESDA® system.
- Fire suppression ProInert™ IG-55 gas system or FM 200.
- Dedicated mechanical and plant area provides fire and suppression separation to data suites.
Third party carrier neutrality
- All 42-24 data centres are carrier-neutral and access to multiple service telecommunications providers is supported.
- Geographically diverse fibre connections are available via the 42-24 telecommunications network.
- Dedicated Carrier Room (MMR) provides clear demarcation between third party external carriers and customer racks
- Service Performance Reporting is available on request, with performance measures including but not limited to:
- Environmental metrics
- Power utilisation metrics
- Access request logs
- Authorised person register
- The following performance criteria applies to all Co-location Services:
|Temperature||15°C to 32°C (target 23°C)
|Humidity||20% to 80% non-condensing|
|Power||240V AC power available on at least one feed|
|Cabling||All 42-24 provided cabling meets relevant standards|
Service support period
- All Data Centre Services include the following Service Support Period (7 days, 24 hours per day).
- Incident response is provided 24/7. All other requests will be actioned the following business day
- All incident reports outside business hours MUST be made via telephone 1800 650 779 (opt 2)
- 42-24 will complete Acceptance Testing for each new Co-location Service as part of the Service Provisioning process. Acceptance tests will:
- Confirm delivery of power to PDUs
- Test inter-connects and rack to rack cabling to relevant standards (note that the testing of inter-connect cabling is included in the Communications Services Acceptance Tests where these services are also provided by 42-24)
- Include any additional test which may be agreed between 42-24 and the customer
- Document the Test Results and will retain these for the period of the Agreement. Copies of the Acceptance Test documentation will be made available on request
- Points for Co-location Services are:
- Communications Interconnect – the customer allocated interface located within each rack
- Carrier Room – optical distribution frame (applies to third party cross connects)
- Power – customer side of power of the Power Distribution Units
We offer an extensive range of connectivity options within our data centre facilities, including Dark Fibre, Wavelength, Ethernet and nbnTM Enterprise Ethernet services.